In 2006 To Be Sung toured with her project ‘Amsterdam, de Wereld’, for which they invited seven composers with a physical connection to the metropolis that is Amsterdam.
With their divers backgrounds (classical/ jazz/ improvisation and world music) they composed new pieces, that, just like the city herself, are infused with influences from cultures far-away and closer to home, bringing a wonderfully eclectic mix of musical styles.
This diverse program is recorded on CD (label: Karnatic Lab Records)
CD Amsterdam, de Wereld – KLR014
1. Verbo10 (2004) – Tobias Klein
2. Elif’e Mektuplar (2006) – Timuçin Sahin
3. 711 Steps (2006) – Albert van Veenendaal
4-6. Indonesian Folksongs (2006) – Sinta Wullur
7-10. Haiku (2005) – Dick Visser
11. Zagadka (2006) – Gijs Levelt
12. Cocteau and the Equilibrist (2006) – Maarten Ornstein
note: all written for To be Sung